23 Feb Oyster Mushroom Stir Fry
Prep Time: 10 minutes / Cook Time: 5 minutes / Serving: 2
- 400g oyster mushroom, end removed and spilt into small pieces
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp. oyster sauce
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1 thumb ginger, shredded
- 6 green onions, white and green part separated, cut into 1 inch sections
- 2 tbsp. cooking oil
- 1/4 tsp. ground Szechuan peppercorn or black pepper
- coriander stems for decoration
- Remove the tough ends of oyster mushroom and spilt into small pieces. Then quickly wash and try your best to squeeze the water out. Or if your mushrooms are clean enough, skip washing so there will be no extra water content.
- Heat up oil in wok over medium fire, fry green onion whites and ginger shreds until aromatic. Place the mushrooms in. Add oyster sauce and dark soy sauce. When frying the mushrooms, do not move them too frequently. All we want to do is to remove the extra water content and make the taste from oyster sauce more concentrated. But move them when they are sticky to the wok. The process should last for 1 to 2 minutes until the mushrooms are well darkened. Sprinkle Szechuan peppercorn powder or ground black pepper.
- Add green onion sections in. Mix well. Decorated with coriander stems